Outfit dos and don'ts for your upcoming photo shoot
A lot of clients ask for advice on what to wear during their photo shoot. Whether it’s for their LinkedIn Headshot, Personal Branding Photography or photos for their online dating profile.
We can go into a lot of detail for each type of shoot, but here’s a quick overview of the things to think about.
Prepare your outfits
It’s likely that your photo shoot includes an outfit change or two which means you’ll need to select and bring with you, a few outfit options.
Here are a few outfit do’s and don’ts to get you started.
- wear clothes that you look good and feel great in
- choose colours that are perfect for you and/or reflect your brand
- dress for the weather
- bring props and accessories
- wear clean clothes (you’ll be surprised how many client turn up with food on their top)
- pack your clothes neatly so they don’t crease
- carry your clothes in a suitable bag that you don’t mind popping on the floor occasionally
- consider bringing your clothes in a suit bag
- and our No.1 tip – iron your clothes!
- wear anything drastically different than you normally would
- rock up in dirty or creased clothing
- wear garments that are too-heavily patterned
- leave your outfit choices to the last minute
- screw your clothes up in a Tesco bag (this happened once any my client’s clothing looked like crepe paper)
Stick to these do’s and don’ts and you’ll look super smart and feel ready and prepared for your session!
Give us a shout if you’d like more advice on what to wear or things to bring on the day of your photo shoot.
Need help finding your style?
Let our expert personal stylist and image consultant hand pick the outfits that suit you most. Then, work with our wonderful professional photographer who will capture your on-brand photos with you looking your absolute best